What to Do Immediately Following an Auto Accident
It can be very difficult to be calm following an auto accident, especially if you or a loved one has suffered an injury. While your first order of business obviously is to seek immediate medical attention, if you are able, gather all pertinent evidence, talk to any witnesses on the scene, take photos with your cell phone, and jot down important information regarding the accident. Do not answer any questions from the other party’s insurance company or attorney, or sign any forms until you are fully represented by a skilled Personal Injury Attorney. Most importantly, do not admit fault in any way. Keep copies of everything related to your auto accident, in order to provide your attorney with all necessary information.
Duty of Care in Auto Accidents
Duty of Care in an auto accident personal injury case is the requirement that we all must adhere to certain standards of carefulness when operating a car. In order to meet this standard, we are expected to operate our vehicle at a reasonable rate of speed, keep the vehicle under control, and to look out for situations which could result in an accident. A personal injury lawsuit resulting from an auto accident might focus on whether the other driver’s actions created an unreasonable risk which could have been anticipated, thus avoided.
Negligence in Auto Accidents
Negligence law can be complex. It is advisable, therefore, to have a knowledgeable Auto Accident Attorney to help you ascertain what your options are. Some examples of driver negligence may include excessive speed, consumption of alcohol or drugs while driving, failure to use headlights or signals when appropriate, failure to exercise sufficient caution for the traffic or weather conditions, or reckless and willful disregard for the probability that unsafe driving could cause an accident.
Auto Accidents and Personal Injury Lawsuits
Time is of the essence when dealing with the effects of an auto accident, yet when most people are involved in an accident they are often so frightened and confused that they hardly know which direction to turn. Whether your auto accident injuries are minor or significant, The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC, can help ensure you receive the medical attention you require. Carl will investigate all avenues, leading to a favorable financial recovery if it is possible.
Auto Accident Advice
Call The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC, at 214.702.CARL (2275) for advice on what to do after your auto accident. Do not make the mistake of going about the process alone. Insurance companies are trained to minimize your claim. Some helpful advice to remember:
- #1 Insurance Cards
It is important to always carry updated insurance and registration information in your vehicle at all times. It is not the best time to shuffle through papers during the stressful moments immediately following an auto accident.
- #2 Never Admit Fault
Never admit fault to anyone following the auto accident, including in a phone conversation to a loved one while at the scene. Even if you think you may be at fault there might be mitigating factors shifting fault to another. When it comes to auto accidents, insurance, and liability, fault is a very important concept and should ultimately be determined by a legal professional. If anyone encourages you to admit fault, you should immediately cease speaking to them regarding the accident and call a trained Personal Injury Attorney immediately.
- #3 Ambulance
If you are injured, take an ambulance to the hospital. Interestingly enough, this is the advice most people ignore. The accident alone can be overwhelming. Some people view the damage to the vehicle, and decline an ambulance ride to a hospital for treatment in fear of increasing the cost. This is a mistake. Most of the injury from minor auto accidents is to the soft tissues, and thus invisible to the naked eye. Delaying treatment only allows the opposing insurance company to cast doubt that the injuries were real and a result of the accident. The earlier the injuries are documented the easier they can be attributed to the accident. Taking an ambulance at the scene provides a direct correlation to bodily injury, which can be crucial in determining financial recovery since compensation is almost solely based on the diagnosis and severity of the injuries.
FREE CONSULTATIONS — PAYMENT PLANS ACCEPTED
Carl David Ceder is an experienced Dallas Auto Accident Attorney who practices all over the Dallas Metroplex, including all of Dallas, Tarrant County, Collin County, Denton County, Rockwall County, Kaufman County, and all adjoining counties:
- Dallas Auto Accident Attorney - Dallas, University Park, University Park, Grapevine, Garland, DeSoto, Irving, Carrollton, Addison, Duncanville, Richardson, Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Coppell, Grand Prairie, Lancaster, Lewisville, Mesquite, Seagoville, Wilmer, Wylie
- Tarrant County Auto Accident Attorney - Fort Worth, Southlake, Keller, Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Colleyville, Crowley, Euless, Everman, Grapevine, Flower Mound, Grand Prairie, Hurst, Lakeside, Mansfield, North Richland Hills, Westlake, Saginaw, River Oaks
- Collin County Auto Accident Attorney - McKinney, Plano, Garland, Allen, Dallas, Carrollton, Richardson, Fairview, St. Paul, Weston, Lucas, Melissa, Nevada, Westminster, Frisco, Celina, Murphy, New Hope, Prosper, Wylie
- Rockwall County Auto Accident Attorney - Rockwall, Dallas, Fate, Heath, Mobile City, McLendon-Chisholm, Rowlett, Royse City, Wylie, Munson, Blackland
- Denton County Auto Accident Attorney - Dallas, Denton, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Southlake, Hebron, Argyle, Justin, Lake Dallas, Plano, Bartonville, Coppell, Northlake, Carollton, Corinth, Hebron, Highland Village, Justin, Lakewood Village, Lewisville, Northlake, Prosper, The Colony, Westlake