The biggest mistake people sometimes make when facing their DWI charge is not challenging the case because there is a chemical test. If your DWI case has a breath or a blood test the evidence CAN BE CHALLENGED IN COURT! DO NOT resign yourself to automatically pleading to a DWI because there is a breath or blood test. Although many assume that a breath test over the legal limit of 0.08 will result in a DWI conviction, many of these cases can be fought on any number of technical grounds. Often there are issues with the reason for the traffic stop which will negate the entire DWI case in its entirety. Please read here 20 ways how the Intoxilyzer 5000 can give a false-positive reading.
The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC has all of the resources necessary to challenge any breath test case anywhere within the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. Many factors have to be present before the state can obtain a DWI conviction.
The validity of the actual breath test result can always be challenged. The Intoxilyzer 5000 is the breath test machine used in Texas for all DWI cases. Many people take a breath test because they genuinely feel they are not intoxicated, and are often shocked at the result. The Intoxilyzer 5000 is based on a number of variables and assumptions that differ for every person. Anything from fluctuating body temperature, improper calibration, electrical frequencies, and even how hard someone blows into the machine can affect the readings of a breath test. Just because a "machine" says you are over the limit, does not mean that you are! You need the assistance of a trained and experienced DWI attorney to properly evaluate your case.
Breath Test Result Accuracy
Like any machine making a reading, there are margins of error throughout the breath test specimen process. There is a vast difference between a result being accurate, and it also being precise. The Intoxilyzer 5000 is nothing more than a machine. As such, a machine is always prone to error and can ALWAYS give an inaccurate reading. There are many arguments that an experienced DWI attorney can exploit to challenge the validity of a breathalyzer test result. Often the test administrator was not adequately trained, the machine was not properly calibrated, or the defendant had certain illnesses or disabilities which could prevent an accurate reading. If any of the required procedures are compromised when administering the test, the breath result could be wrong!
Regardless of your BAC test results, YOU DESERVE AN EFFECTIVE DEFENSE! Contact The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC, and let us help mount an effective defense in your DWI breath test case. Call 214.702.CARL (2275) for a free consultation and evaluation.
FREE CONSULTATIONS — ALL PAYMENT PLANS ACCEPTED
Carl David Ceder is an experienced Dallas DWI Breath Test Attorney who practices all over the Dallas Metroplex, including all of Dallas, Tarrant County, Collin County, Denton County, Rockwall County, and all adjoining counties:
- Dallas DWI Breath Test Attorney - Dallas, University Park, University Park, Grapevine, Garland, DeSoto, Irving, Carrollton, Addison, Duncanville, Richardson, Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Coppell, Grand Prairie, Lancaster, Lewisville, Mesquite, Seagoville, Wilmer, Wylie
- Fort Worth DWI Breath Test Attorney - Fort Worth, Southlake, Keller, Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Colleyville, Crowley, Euless, Everman, Grapevine, Flower Mound, Grand Prairie, Hurst, Lakeside, Mansfield, North Richland Hills, Westlake, Saginaw, River Oaks
- Collin County DWI Breath Test Attorney - McKinney, Plano, Garland, Allen, Dallas, Carrollton, Richardson, Fairview, St. Paul, Weston, Lucas, Melissa, Nevada, Westminster, Frisco, Celina, Murphy, New Hope, Prosper, Wylie
- Rockwall County DWI Breath Test Attorney - Rockwall, Dallas, Fate, Heath, Mobile City, McLendon-Chisolm, Rowlett, Royse City, Wylie, Munson, Blackland
- Denton County DWI Breath Test Attorney - Dallas, Denton, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Southlake, Hebron, Argyle, Justin, Lake Dallas, Plano, Bartonville, Coppell, Northlake, Carollton, Corinth, Hebron, Highland Village, Justin, Lakewood Village, Lewisville, Northlake, Prosper, The Colony, Westlake