Being charged with Possession of Marijuana is a very common offense in the State of Texas. DO NOT LET AN ARREST LEAD TO A CONVICTION. Your future is too important to risk subjecting yourself to the possibility of a permanent record.
Possession of Marijuana in Texas is defined as follows:
Section 481.121 Texas Health and Safety Code. POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA
(a) Except as authorized by this chapter, a person commits an offense if the person knowingly or intentionally possesses a usable quantity of marihuana.
(b) An offense under Subsection (a) is:
(1) a Class B misdemeanor if the amount of marihuana possessed is two ounces or less;
(2) a Class A misdemeanor if the amount of marihuana possessed is four ounces or less but more than two ounces;
(3) a state jail felony if the amount of marihuana possessed is five pounds or less but more than four ounces;
(4) a felony of the third degree if the amount of marihuana possessed is 50 pounds or less but more than 5 pounds;
(5) a felony of the second degree if the amount of marihuana possessed is 2,000 pounds or less but more than 50 pounds; and
(6) punishable by imprisonment in the institutional division of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for life or for a term of not more than 99 years or less than 5 years, and a fine not to exceed $50,000, if the amount of marihuana possessed is more than 2,000 pounds.
At The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC, we take defending our cases extremely seriously. We know what it means for a person to make a mistake, and realize the importance of protecting your criminal record from serious harm to an otherwise promising future. Carl David Ceder is an aggressive criminal defense attorney who will work hard to help you avoid a conviction on your Possession of Marijuana case. If the charge is dismissed or reduced, we will work hard to seal the record from a future employer. If you have been charged with Possession of Marijuana or Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, let us help protect your future. Contact our offices for a free consultation now at 214.702.CARL (2275). Defending your rights starts here.
FREE CONSULTATIONS — ALL PAYMENT PLANS ACCEPTED
Carl David Ceder is an experienced Texas Possession of Marijuana Attorney with a wide of experience who practices all over the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, including all of Dallas County, Tarrant County, Collin County, Denton County, Rockwall County, and all adjoining counties:
- Dallas County Possession of Marijuana Attorney - Dallas, University Park, University Park, Grapevine, Garland, DeSoto, Irving, Carrollton, Addison, Duncanville, Richardson, Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Coppell, Grand Prairie, Lancaster, Lewisville, Mesquite, Seagoville, Wilmer, Wylie
- Tarrant County Possession of Marijuana Attorney - Fort Worth, Southlake, Keller, Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Colleyville, Crowley, Euless, Everman, Grapevine, Flower Mound, Grand Prairie, Hurst, Lakeside, Mansfield, North Richland Hills, Westlake, Saginaw, River Oaks
- Collin County Possession of Marijuana Attorney - McKinney, Plano, Garland, Allen, Dallas, Carrollton, Richardson, Fairview, St. Paul, Weston, Lucas, Melissa, Nevada, Westminster, Frisco, Celina, Murphy, New Hope, Prosper, Wylie
- Rockwall County Possession of Marijuana Attorney - Rockwall, Dallas, Fate, Heath, Mobile City, McLendon-Chisolm, Rowlett, Royse City, Wylie, Munson, Blackland
- Denton County Possession of Marijuana Attorney - Dallas, Denton, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Southlake, Hebron, Argyle, Justin, Lake Dallas, Plano, Bartonville, Coppell, Northlake, Carollton, Corinth, Hebron, Highland Village, Justin, Lakewood Village, Lewisville, Northlake, Prosper, The Colony, Westlake