Texas Evading Arrest Attorney
The Texas Penal Code defines Evading Arrest or Detention as follows:
Section 38.04 Texas Penal Code. EVADING ARREST OR DETENTION
(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally flees from a person he knows is a peace officer attempting lawfully to arrest or detain him.
(b) An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor, except that the offense is:
(1) a state jail felony if the actor uses a vehicle while the actor is in flight and the actor has not been previously convicted under this section;
(2) a felony of the third degree if:
(A) the actor uses a vehicle while the actor is in flight and the actor has been previously convicted under this section; or
(B) another suffers serious bodily injury as a direct result of an attempt by the officer from whom the actor is fleeing to apprehend the actor while the actor is in flight; or
(3) a felony of the second degree if another suffers death as a direct result of an attempt by the officer from whom the actor is fleeing to apprehend the actor while the actor is in flight.
If you are charged with Evading Arrest or Detention anywhere in the State of Texas, or have further questions regarding an offense of this nature, please contact The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC at 214.702.CARL (2275) for a free consultation. Carl has worked in numerous areas throughout the State of Texas, and has the ability to serve the entire Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, including Dallas County, Collin County, Denton County, Tarrant County, and Rockwall County. We look forward to helping you guide through the criminal justice system with honesty, integrity, and compassion.
FREE CONSULTATIONS — ALL PAYMENT PLANS ACCEPTED
Carl David Ceder is an experienced Evading Arrest Criminal Defense Attorney who practices all over the State of Texas, including all of Dallas County, Tarrant County, Collin County, Denton County, Rockwall County, and all adjoining counties:
- Dallas County Evading Arrest Attorney - Dallas, University Park, University Park, Grapevine, Garland, DeSoto, Irving, Carrollton, Addison, Duncanville, Richardson, Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Coppell, Grand Prairie, Lancaster, Lewisville, Mesquite, Seagoville, Wilmer, Wylie
- Tarrant County Evading Arrest Attorney - Fort Worth, Southlake, Keller, Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Colleyville, Crowley, Euless, Everman, Grapevine, Flower Mound, Grand Prairie, Hurst, Lakeside, Mansfield, North Richland Hills, Westlake, Saginaw, River Oaks
- Collin County Evading Arrest Attorney - McKinney, Plano, Garland, Allen, Dallas, Carrollton, Richardson, Fairview, St. Paul, Weston, Lucas, Melissa, Nevada, Westminster, Frisco, Celina, Murphy, New Hope, Prosper, Wylie
- Rockwall County Evading Arrest Attorney - Rockwall, Dallas, Fate, Heath, Mobile City, McLendon-Chisolm, Rowlett, Royse City, Wylie, Munson, Blackland
- Denton County Evading Arrest Attorney - Dallas, Denton, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Southlake, Hebron, Argyle, Justin, Lake Dallas, Plano, Bartonville, Coppell, Northlake, Carollton, Corinth, Hebron, Highland Village, Justin, Lakewood Village, Lewisville, Northlake, Prosper, The Colony, Westlake