In Texas, Indecency with a Child is defined in the Penal Code under Section 21.11.
Section 21.11 Texas Penal Code. INDECENCY WITH A CHILD
(a) A person commits an offense if, with a child younger than 17 years and not the person's spouse, whether the child is of the same or opposite sex, the person:
(1) engages in sexual contact with the child or causes the child to engage in sexual contact; or
(2) with intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person:
(A) exposes the person's anus or any part of the person's genitals, knowing the child is present; or
(B) causes the child to expose the child's anus or any part of the child's genitals.
(b) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this section that the actor:
(1) was not more than three years older than the victim and of the opposite sex;
(2) did not use duress, force, or a threat against the victim at the time of the offense; and
(3) at the time of the offense:
(A) was not required under Chapter 62, Code of Criminal Procedure, to register for life as a sex offender; or
(B) was not a person who under Chapter 62 had a reportable conviction or adjudication for an offense under this section.
(c) In this section, "sexual contact" means the following acts, if committed with the intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person:
(1) any touching by a person, including touching through clothing, of the anus, breast, or any part of the genitals of a child; or
(2) any touching of any part of the body of a child, including touching through clothing, with the anus, breast, or any part of the genitals of a person.
(d) An offense under Subsection (a)(1) is a felony of the second degree and an offense under Subsection (a)(2) is a felony of the third degree.
If you are charged with Indecency with a Child anywhere in the State of Texas, or have further questions regarding an offense of this nature, please contact The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC at 214.702.CARL(2275) for a free consultation. Carl has worked in numerous areas throughout the State of Texas, and has the ability to serve the entire Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, including Dallas County, Collin County, Denton County, Tarrant County, and Rockwall County. We look forward to helping you guide through the criminal justice system with dedication, honesty, and intregrity.
FREE CONSULTATIONS — ALL PAYMENT PLANS ACCEPTED
Carl David Ceder is an experienced Texas Indecence with a Child Criminal Attorney who practices all over the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, including all of Dallas County, Tarrant County, Collin County, Denton County, Rockwall County, and all adjoining counties:
- Dallas County Indecency with a Child Lawyer - Dallas, University Park, University Park, Grapevine, Garland, DeSoto, Irving, Carrollton, Addison, Duncanville, Richardson, Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Coppell, Grand Prairie, Lancaster, Lewisville, Mesquite, Seagoville, Wilmer, Wylie
- Tarrant County Indecency with a Child Lawyer - Fort Worth, Southlake, Keller, Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Colleyville, Crowley, Euless, Everman, Grapevine, Flower Mound, Grand Prairie, Hurst, Lakeside, Mansfield, North Richland Hills, Westlake, Saginaw, River Oaks
- Collin County Indecency with a Child Lawyer - McKinney, Plano, Garland, Allen, Dallas, Carrollton, Richardson, Fairview, St. Paul, Weston, Lucas, Melissa, Nevada, Westminster, Frisco, Celina, Murphy, New Hope, Prosper, Wylie
- Rockwall County Indecency with a Child Lawyer - Rockwall, Dallas, Fate, Heath, Mobile City, McLendon-Chisolm, Rowlett, Royse City, Wylie, Munson, Blackland
- Denton County Indecency with a Child Lawyer - Dallas, Denton, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Southlake, Hebron, Argyle, Justin, Lake Dallas, Plano, Bartonville, Coppell, Northlake, Carollton, Corinth, Hebron, Highland Village, Justin, Lakewood Village, Lewisville, Northlake, Prosper, The Colony, Westlake